[Olpc-france] sugar-jhbuild on Mandriva (was: Re: [Sugar-devel] Demande d'information technique sur Sugar)

s.boutayeb at free.fr s.boutayeb at free.fr
Sat Oct 10 19:59:28 EDT 2009

Selon Sascha Silbe <sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org>:

> On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 02:05:37PM +0200, s.boutayeb at free.fr wrote:
>
> > After executing "sugar-jhbuild depscheck", the output is:
> > "Warning: unknown distro version, automatic fallback to cooker."
> > "ERROR: Dependencies information is missing (unknown
> > distribution/version).
> Mandriva is only half-supported by sugar-jhbuild because
> a) we don't have Mandriva VMs to look up and test things (and I
> currently don't have time to set them up) and
> b) I don't know where else to look up stuff like package names (e.g. for
> Debian there is packages.debian.org)
>

> > "Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for mipsel
> We currently only have a config file for 2009.1. If you can verify that
> 2008.1 has the required versions of all the packages we need, I'm happy
> to add the config.

> For testing you can just copy
> mandrivalinux-2009.1.xml to mandrivalinux-2008.1.xml in
> sugar-jhbuild/config/sysdeps.

I just did it and it resolved the warning with the missing dependencies + with
the unknown distro version.

Then the missing packages are:
alsa-lib-devel avahi-gobject-devel boost-devel dbus-devel dbus-glib-devel
dbus-python enchant-devel expat-devel fribidi-devel gnome-vfs2-devel
gstreamer0.10-espeak gtk2-devel icon-slicer libabiword libabiword libffi5
libglade2-devel libgsf-devel libxapian15 loudmouth-devel matchbox-common
matchbox-window-manager olpcsound popt-devel python-abiword python-decorator
python-devel python-distutils-extra python-hippo-canvas python-olpcsound
python-xpcom wv-devel xapian-bindings-python xulrunner-devel-unstable zlib-devel

Then, at the end of the "sugar-jhbuild update" phase, I get:

*** the following modules were not built *** [40/40]
squeak meta-glucose turtleart meta-fructose meta-sugar

I am actually in the the "sugar-jhbuild build" phase

More later

Samy