[Olpc-france] Trans.: Translation of Scratch 1.4 Support Documents

s.boutayeb at free.fr s.boutayeb at free.fr
Sun Jun 7 13:47:43 EDT 2009

----- Message transféré de Amos Blanton <amos at scratch.mit.edu> -----
   Date : Sun, 7 Jun 2009 13:00:57 -0400
     De : Amos Blanton <amos at scratch.mit.edu>
Adresse de retour :Amos Blanton <amos at scratch.mit.edu>
  Sujet : Translation of Scratch 1.4 Support Documents
      À : Amos Blanton <amos at scratch.mit.edu>

Dear Translators -

Many of you helped translate the Scratch 1.4 application and the
Scratch Website. Thanks to your efforts, more people from around the
world will be able to use Scratch!

We have just updated the three main support documents for version 1.4:
 * Getting Started Guide
 * Reference Guide
 * Help Screens

The Getting Started Guide is a step-by-step introduction to using
Scratch. The Reference Guide offers a more thorough explanation of the
features of Scratch. The Help Screens provide an example for each of
the Scratch blocks.
If you'd like to help translate these or other materials, we would
very much appreciate your help! You can find the source documents
here:
http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Translation/Translating_Scratch_Materials

First, we recommend seeing which documents have already been
translated. All translated Scratch documents are available on our
languages page. (This is where we will post your translation once it
is complete):
http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Languages

These documents use many images from the Scratch software. Replace
these images with screen captures of Scratch software in your
language. (Using screen captures is much easier than editing the
English image files.)
You can download the Scratch 1.4. Release Candidate here:
http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Scratch_1.4_Release_Candidate

We know that choosing the correct translation is a difficult process
because we spend a long time choosing which words to use in English.
If you want to discuss these kinds of choices in your language, you
can post messages in our "Scratch in other languages" forums. (If a
forum doesn't yet exist for your language, let me know and I'll create
it.):
http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/

If you have any questions about the files or the process of
translation, I'll be happy to help you! Unfortunately, at this time I
can only speak English.

Thank you very much for helping translate Scratch!

Amos Blanton
MIT Scratch Team

--
_____