[Olpc-europe] FW: Keyword News: ["one laptop per child"]

John F DuBose johnfdubose at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 04:32:44 EDT 2008

John F. DuBose M.A.ed

Learning & Education Officer

One Laptop Per Child

 jdubose at laptop.org

http://laptop.org/

Gulf War Vet/Artist/Educator/Author

 <http://gulfwarpress.spaces.live.com/>

 <http://www.youtube.com/GulfWarPress>  http://www.myspace.com/gulfwarpress

http://www.youtube.com/GulfWarPress

 Books: www.amazon.com <http://www.amazon.com/>

Gulf War PressC2000-2007

  _____

From: Yahoo! Alerts [mailto:alerts at yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2008 5:48 PM
To: johnfdubose at hotmail.com
Subject: Keyword News: ["one laptop per child"]

Yahoo! Alerts

Yahoo!
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/alerts/email/html/kn/yahoonews/*http:/news.yahoo.com
>  News - My
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/alerts/email/html/kn/myalerts/*http:/beta.alerts.yah
oo.com/main.php?view=my_alerts>  Alerts - Edit
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/alerts/email/html/kn/editalert/*http:/beta.alerts.ya
hoo.com/main.php?view=edit_keyword_news&id=135&.done=http://beta.alerts.yaho
o.com/main.php?view=my_alerts&st=type>  Alert

Sunday, August 3, 2008 8:48 AM PDT

 <http://www.newmobilecomputing.com/thread?146669> Recent Original Stories
New Mobile Computing Sat, 02 Aug 2008 4:54 PM PDT
Nigeria has officially ordered and paid for one million of the One Laptop
per Child devices, according to the Nigerian Vanguard newspaper. The deal is
the first actual order for the project that aims to provide Linux-powered
laptops to children in developing economies.

 <http://www.osnews.com/thread?169115> Linked by Thom Holwerda on Thu 5th
Oct 2006 20:44 UTC, submitted by jasper
OS News Sat, 02 Aug 2008 1:58 PM PDT
Red Hat has an NDA cooperation with Marvell for the wireless chips that they
want to use for the One Laptop per Child-project. The idea of this is that
both parties think Marvell will be more open in the future, but this is
absolutely not the path they should walk , according to OpenBSD's Theo de
Raadt.

See
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/alerts/email/kn/search/*http:/search.news.yahoo.com/
search/news/?fr=yalerts-keyword&c=&p=%22one+laptop+per+child%22&ei=utf-8>
more news stories that match my keyword

  _____

  <http://adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=/S=21511055:Z/A=/rand=1217778501>
<http://alerts.yahoo.com/beacon?to=&S=21511055&M=&rand=1217778501>

You received this email because you subscribed to Yahoo! Alerts. Use this
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/alerts/b/email/unsubscribe/*http:/beta.alerts.yahoo.
com/config/confirmdelete_notification?.y=/config/edit_notification%3f.e=bKX3
A.g6EXa8yly_tFjB_LGdOSTm_xB0rYctkwuTNN0ATGjbagyVZmgjyx1MJHzArWUSRsslmO0H&.n=
/config/set_notification>  link to unsubscribe from this alert. To change
your communications preferences for other Yahoo! business lines, please
visit your Marketing
<http://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.done=http://subscribe.yahoo.co
m/showaccount>  Preferences. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal
information, including the use of web beacons
<http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html>  in HTML-based
email, please read our Privacy Policy <http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/>
 Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.