[OLPC-DE] XOs in Bonn

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sa Sep 5 05:12:47 EDT 2009

Hallo,

gibt es Informationen auf Deutsch über dieses Projekt? Habe davon
bisher noch nichts gehört, außer diesem Paper, das auf der
MobileHCI09  (15.-18. September) vorgestellt wird:

Anne Weibert, University of Siegen:
How the design of the OLPC XO-1 may support the social structure of an
intercultural community

ABSTRACT
In this text, we discuss how the technical features and design of
the OLPC XO-1 may match with and support the interaction of
children and adults in an intercultural computer club “come_IN”,
located in a culturally and socially diverse neighborhood.
Originally designed for the usage by children in developing
countries around the world, the technical design of the so called
“100 $ Laptop” follows constructionist thinking, aiming to enable
especially children to freely explore, experiment and express
themselves. For discussion we put this design in perspective with
ideas and expectations that children, parents and tutors voiced in
ten narrative interviews about their experiences in the
intercultural computer clubs “come_IN” to distill the possibilities
a future usage of the OLPC XO-1 may offer there.

PDF: http://tinyurl.com/mblaw7

Klingt auf jeden Fall spannend ...

Bert Freudenberg

OLPC Deutschland e.V.