[OLPC-Chicago] Indiana Linuxfest, 3/2

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 02:48:39 EST 2011

I will be giving a presentation about the OLPC program on Saturday,
March 26, and hosting a BOF with XOs at Indiana Linuxfest.

http://www.indianalinux.org/cms/speakers2011

Come on down!!

Edward Cherlin

Bio: 	Mokurai got his start in computers from his father, who worked
on the Whirlwind at MIT in 1951, and his start in international
education as a Peace Corps Volunteer in South Korea in 1967. He has
been at various times a mathematician and Computer Scientist, a
Buddhist priest, a high-tech market analyst, a technical writer, and a
serial NGO founder. He has publicly vowed never to write anything
under the title "Zen and the Art of Computer Programming".

Title: One Laptop Per Child

We have Linux and Free Sugar education software on One Laptop Per
Child XOs in the hands of more than two million children. Eventually,
the aim is for every child, nearly a billion of them, to have one.
What does this mean for

* education?
* society?
* poverty?