[OLPC-Chicago] OLPC/Sugar dinner this weekend - with Pycon guests!

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Wed Mar 25 02:19:29 EDT 2009

Pycon, Jeff Elkner, a bunch of out-of-town OLPC and Sugar geeks, and I
are going to all be in Chicago this weekend and wanted to have a
gathering to catch up on what's been going on locally (and for me, also
to just say hi to everyone again!)

We're having dinner Saturday - 7pm is the strawman to give the Pycon
folks time to travel since talks end at 6ish. Somewhere near Union
Station seems to be the best compromise, so I will suggest
http://www.thaiurbankitchen.com/menu02.htm (because I like Thai food - I
have never been there, alternative suggestions welcome).

However, I'm coming from Glenview and Jeff (and possibly other Pycon
geeks) will be coming from the Hyatt Regency O'Hare, so if we are
predominantly suburbanites, then a more westerly location can be
utilized (also, free parking). I would be happy to get people to/from
the nearest bus/train/Pycon, as I am usually also sans car.

Looking forward to hearing all your stories over pad thai! There is, to
put it mildly, a lot to share. Anyone interested is welcome, including
newbies, so please forward this to anyone I've missed (Pycon folk, I'm
looking at you... I don't know who is coming in from out of town.)

If you're coming, please reply to all so I can look through list
archives for a headcount Sat. morning when making reservations. ;)
Comments? Ideas? Questions? Go!

--Mel