[OLPC-Chicago] Test Fedora. Get a free XO.

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Thu Sep 25 23:21:38 EDT 2008

Thought you folks might be interested in this - particularly relevant to
people who don't already have their own XO. (Kevin, sending you the
email in case IMSA folks aren't using the openplans mailing list any more.)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OLPC/Fedora_on_XO

"When OLPC starts their next Give 1 Get 1 program, there will be an
option to purchase an upgrade that will allow users to run a standard
Linux desktop, based on Fedora 10, on their XO system.

In order to make sure that this works properly, we need testers. And we
are willing to swap testing time for (almost) free XOs."

Link has more details. Go, go, go!