[OLPC-Chicago] OLPC-Chicago Digest, Vol 15, Issue 2

George Dorner george at dorners.net
Thu Oct 16 07:57:55 EDT 2008

So I installed 8.2 per instructions, but when it terminated and the
bash prompt appeared, no message of success preceded it.

I browsed the new layout - very nice improvements.

But whn I attempted to download the Activities, the downloading
screen appeared showing "Starting download" and nothing happened. It
never terminated - I let it run overnight. I since tried twice more
from the Control Panel to update software. The list of Activities
appears, but the behavior is the same. I thus now have an XO with an
operating system but no Activities.

What to do?

George Dorner
george at dorners.net