[OLPC-Chicago] Event that might be of interest to Chicago OLPC: Intro to Lisp Workshop, 5/31 at 3pm

Peter Christensen peter at pchristensen.com
Tue May 27 15:24:52 EDT 2008

Dear Chicago OLPC,
        I've organized an event that might be of interest to members of
Chicago OLPC.  It's a free workshop that's an introduction to the Lisp
programming language.  Lisp is one of the oldest but also most advanced
programming languages around, and this workshop is an attempt to show that
it is alive and well today.  We'll walk through setup of a Lisp environment
on attendees laptops, then have presentations on basic and advanced language
features as well as a demo at the end.  There will be food and drinks
provided.  There's more information on the workshop at
http://www.chicagolisp.org/wiki/doku.php?id=lispworkshop.
       It is being held by the Chicago Lisp User Group.  We're a new group,
organized in February, but attendance at our meetings has been growing (over
20 in May).  We have meetings at floating locations in Chicago on the 3rd
Wednesday of the month at 7pm.  The next meeting will be June 20th.  For
more information on the group, see http://www.chicagolisp.org/ and
http://www.pchristensen.com/blog/chicago-lisp/.
      If anyone is interested in coming to the workshop, please have them
email me using this link: http://www.pchristensen.com/blog/contact-me/.
There is currently no other RSVP process - this is our first big effort as a
group.  Everyone is welcome.

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Christensen