[OLPC-Chicago] Children's Low Cost Laptop Bill

Jason Rock jrock at imsa.edu
Fri Mar 21 21:45:51 EDT 2008

Larry,
I contacted Senator Halvorson via email asking her who she believes I should
contact to get support for the bill.  I believe we may be able to get
Senator Emil Jones support for the bill.  Also, in the senate we should
focus on contacting those people on the education committee as that is where
the bill will most likely end up.  Right now the bill only has Democrat
support, so getting bipartisan support is a must.

Jason

Some people to contact are
any senators on the education committee
http://www.ilga.gov/senate/committees/members.asp?CommitteeID=383
and any representatives on the tech committee
http://www.ilga.gov/house/committees/members.asp?GA=95&committeeID=355