[OLPC-Chicago] XO help

Jeffrey A. Schwartz jasermd at comcast.net
Sun Mar 16 19:36:13 EDT 2008

Looking for some help! I carry my XO around the country with me and it is
always the topic of interesting conversations and pledges by others to
contribute to the OLPC cause to make them available to deserving kids
everywhere.

Here is my problem - I must be incredibly dense because no matter how much I
have tried I have not been successful in understanding how to program some
basic stuff that would make the XO incredibly useful for me. For example,
the following are things that I would like the XO to be able to do and from
what I read it is possible if you know how to add the programs (which I do
not).

-media player to play mpeg4 files

-enhanced web browser of some sort

-ability to use a program called GOTOMYPC so that I can connect into my
desktop when traveling

Any ideas on how I can easily download this type of stuff to a USB drive
that I can then just install on the XO?

Anyone interested in earning a few bucks to program this stuff on my XO for
me?

Thanks, JAS

Jeffrey A. Schwartz (708) 848-8880