[OLPC-Chicago] Chicago Office Needs...

Langellier, Larry Langellier at morainevalley.edu
Wed Mar 5 17:49:53 EST 2008

> I can only laugh when meetups in Palos are suggested.

Commuting Wimp. ;-)

I use to commute for work daily from La Grange to the exact research park that you mention in Evanston. I worked for the Institute for Learning Sciences at 1890 Maple in the late 80's and early 90's when the research park was first being built. I'll admit commuting from the southwest side to Evanston was a long haul, I suppose it's pretty long in the opposite direction... What's a few miles for a worthy cause?

I concur that the Evanston research park (or something similar) would be an interesting site to investigate for an office, if the option of having an office is chosen. Locating near a major university would likely have its advantages.

Your idea of having access to some School Servers is AWESOME! In my opinion, the Give Many program has a stronger likelihood of success if local, full-scale deployment experience becomes part of the support model. I would definitely love to have some access to a school server this summer, whether I had to travel to it or if it came to me in a van.

Best Regards,
Larry