[OLPC-Chicago] June 2

Andrew Harrington aharrin at luc.edu
Fri May 11 10:42:52 EDT 2007

I plan to attend the June 2 sprint with the two B2 machine Ivan sent me
at the beginning of this week.

With my two machines, I have not found much evidence of the mesh net
working beyond showing an icon for another machine.  I do not know if
the software is not there yet or I am not finding it or there is an
issue with my hardware.

I guess Ian will report on the politics, but the idea of the 'Show
Source' key and keeping things in the simple Python may make them not
encourage web apps with a lot of javascript.  Of course if the main
logic is in Python scripts driven by the localhost server, there would
be Python behind everything.  I wonder if it would show up with the
'Show Source' button code that Ivan said Guido was coding.

Three days later I will be heading to Tanzania and Kenya with a group of
Loyola faculty and staff.  Some of the time I will be watching the

  Andrew N. Harrington
  Computer Science Department      Director of Academic Programs
  Loyola University Chicago        http://www.cs.luc.edu/~anh
  512B Lewis Towers (office)       Phone: 312-915-7999
  Snail mail to Lewis Towers 416   Fax:    312-915-7998
  820 North Michigan Avenue        gdp at cs.luc.edu for graduate admin
  Chicago, Illinois 60611          upd at cs.luc.edu for undergrad admin
                                   aharrin at luc.edu as professor