[OLPC-Chicago] Hi There...

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Tue May 1 12:00:17 EDT 2007

On 5/1/07, Atul Varma <varmaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't done anything with Sugar yet, but I was talking with Ian and we
> were thinking that web apps, hosted by the local machine, might actually be
> the best way to develop software for the OLPC folks.  That way we don't have
> to deal with Sugar and can leverage all the expertise many of us already
> have on web development, as well as using all the great layout, typesetting,
> and graphical prowess that Mozilla already has at its disposal.
>
> Is anyone else interested in this kind of thing?

Yes!  Absolutely!

What did you guys have in mind?  Building out a light-weight web-dev
thing?  I wouldn't be able to help with the Mozilla bits, but I think
I could lend a hand with coming up with some sort of best practice for
building local web apps.  Would they run from the XO?  Or are you
talking about building stuff that's optimized for the XO, but would
run on a server?

Chris