No subject

Mon Jun 8 06:28:08 EDT 2009

are not privy to XOs yet. While, a lot of other countries have rather
had their share of small/ big deployments and pilots already. The G1G1
program the first year had created huge backlog of pending shipments
which took several months to clear, while the second time around OLPC
was much better prepared with Amazom dealing with global
sales/shipping. And over the last few months there have been huge
orders from African and South American countries, some of which I
believe are yet to be dispersed.

Besides, is there an ongoing official / govt supported pilot in the
country? Is there one planned for the near future? But I guess one
positive way to look at it is that, it might be worth the wait after
all.. and order the next Gen XO, which should shortly be available.
The specs and features are much better and at half the price then the
current one, with 4GB NandFlash and 1MB mem if the reports are to be
believed.

You might want to check:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Hardware_specification_1.5
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO-2

Guess I'd love to hear about any deployment (planned/ ongoing) in the
country and see how I could contribute while am there.

Cheers,
Dev Mohanty