[OLPC.ch] Linuxday Dornbirn and other news

Niklaus Giger niklaus.giger at member.fsf.org
Mon Dec 1 15:39:07 EST 2008

Hi

Last saturday I attended the Linuxday in Dornbirn. Friendly people,
interesting talks and excellend Käsespätzle in the evening.

There were quite a few people asking questions about OLPC but nothing special.
Attendance to the talks at 17.00 was low (16 for Blender and an astounding 5
for OLPC). Not bad for almost 10 h of preparation.

As the G1G1 program in Europe will need more support in various languages I
decided to join the "Support Gang" and have almost completed the whole
activation process and will get some training to answer questions.

There seem to be quite a few G1G1 going to Switzerland (Citing Adam Holt who
introduced me with "from Switzerland the 2nd largest group of European
Give1Get1 donors after the UK!".

If there really are enough G1G1-XO going to Switzerland I would like to set up
some local self help groups. I think this would be an easier way to give first
level support to beginners than staffing the official OLPC support help. I
will inform you as soon as I have more news.

Best regards

--
Niklaus Giger