[OLPC.ch] defect battery of a test device (incl. mini-intro)

info at digisus.info info at digisus.info
Thu Aug 7 08:19:51 EDT 2008

Hello everybody

Mini 1st post intro: My name is Marcus, I am a PhD student and lecturer
[1,2] at ETHZ working a lot on (and with) Open Source software. For a
lottery as part of the study I raised some prizes; one of them being an
OLPC. It is a test device which Google gave me.

OLPC: B2-1-ext -- SHF713000C3 -- B2EX-test sample
battery: CL1 -- LP183667AR-2S -- Li-ion 6.5V 3550mAh

The device works fine, but the battery seems to be defect. I was able to
test-exchange batteries with Beat Döbeli's machine and it worked nicely
with a functioning battery.

As I do not really want to give a machine with a defect battery as a prize
(and Google is not able to exchange the OLPC), I am asking the OLPC CH
crowd for help.

Would you know any possibility to either exchange the battery, repair it,
get another battery from somewhere, etc. I am open for any suggestions.

Thank you very much for your help!
Marcus

[1] http://www.ib.ethz.ch/people/mdapp
[2] http://www.vvz.ethz.ch (-> search for my last name "Dapp")