[OLPC-AU] [Testing] Auckland Testing Summary 20 October 2012

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Mon Oct 22 19:11:07 EDT 2012

On 22 October 2012 06:54, Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org> wrote:
> On 22/10/12 08:14, Gary Martin wrote:
>
>>> “Goodbye” in the shutdown screen is not translated to Maori. This might
>>> be an image rather than a word to translate.
>

>> Hmmm, this sounds like some local build customisation, I'm not aware of
>> any text at all in the shutdown screen, it is all visual design, for the
>> very reason it is a nightmare for localisation...
>

> Yes, the one education builds have a different shutdown screen, it only has
> one word on it, but it's not localised.

Startup and shutdown screens are images/animations and not text. I'm
not sure on the state of i18n on the boot splash infrastructure.

We've put a huge amount of work into getting Maori onto the XOs, and
we are dependent on the Maori community to keep it maintained.

Sridhar

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Engineering Manager
One Laptop per Child Australia