[OLPC-AU] [Testing] Auckland testing 3 November 2012

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 10 11:45:08 EST 2012

Hi Tom,

On 10 Nov 2012, at 02:57, Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org> wrote:

> Auckland testing 3 November 2012
> Who: John, Oliver, Tabitha, Tom
>
> Testing olpc-au builds on XO-1.75 and 12.1.0 on XO-1.
>
> Ran Software Update on au888 and found it blocks the whole GUI during some operations but not others. It overlays anything in the “activity” view.
> You can’t differentiate between what is an upgrade (for example chart) and what is a new install (for example DidgArt) as they all say “New Version” which to me implies they are upgrades.
> What is the difference between the ok and cancel buttons? If you select something, and then click OK the updater disappears rather than installing it.
>
> Digart 27 seems to work well. It has the small mouse pointer instead of the big sugar mouse pointer. The small oval is too small to reproduce the drawing in the activity icon, the legs and the dots are much too big by comparison.
>
> When playing back things from within Record the sound is very very crackly sometimes. We reported this in browse a couple of weeks ago.
>
> Tam Tam is broken
>
> Sound quality varies dramatically depending on the playback level when played from within record.
>

> Moa XO1.75 C2 build 889
> Write works
> Calculate basic test works
> Timeline (not part of the build but added using software update from my settings) installs but crashes on activity start (got logs)
> Record had some sound quality issues
> Getbooks works and Read works
> Browse basic test works
> Measure on right hand channel have to adjust volume level but all the volume control is right at the top
>

> Hoiho XO-1.75 C2 build au889 0.94.1
> Record 96.1 had some speaker crackling issues on some video playbacks but not everytime
> Speak 42 basic test works
> Tamtam mini  63.1 basic test works
> Memorize 36 - works, can play all preloaded games and sizes, can create basic text game
> Ruler - rotate screen and the measurement from the edge of the screen is no longer accurate - change the writing on the screen?
> Stopwatch 16 works
> Clock 9 works
> Paint 43 works
> Physics 9 works
> Spirolaterals  23 works
>
> Hoiho in Maori
> Read works
> Browse is almost fully translated - remaining two translations are “set home page” and “go to homepage” buttons.
> Maze works
> Moon fails to start
> Clock doesn’t talk and has day of week in English

Moon-16 and Clock-11 were released at the beginning of the month specifically to pick up any new translations. Unfortunately 13.1.0 build 9 did not pick-up the new versions, but they are included in 13.1.0 build 10 (they are also available for download from activities.sugarlabs.org). If the new versions are still failing or showing incomplete translations in Maori it looks like some more work is still needed on the translation side. I'm not sure who is doing the Maori translations, but do feel free to ping me if you need a quick new release to pick up corrected translations.

Regards,
--Gary