[OLPC-AU] Patch: Mobile dongles

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 26 05:36:20 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 16:44 +1100, forster at ozonline.com.au wrote:
> David
>
> This message was sent with a gsm dongle on an xo-1
>
>  modem:Huawei E160E
>  carrier:Locked to Dodo (an Optus reseller)
>  XO-1
>  OS31 development which is same as os884 signed
>
>  in my settings, enter username, password, leave *99# unaltered, dodolns1, blank, blank
>
>  turn off power management, because XO looses connection in sleep mode

I have an enhancements to powerd to inhibit suspend for that issue. The
attached proof of concept patch is heavy on tracing, should apply, maybe
with an offset, and needs /etc/powerd/flags/modules-inhibits created
containing usb_wwan. Once usb_wwan is inserted in the kernel, it remains
in memory you can have NM dispatcher or pppd remove the module when the
connection is torn down to restore normal power management operation.
These features are in testable with au210. Sorry 4g images only, with no
firmware in the image. http://build.laptop.org.au/xo/os/latest/

Jerry