[OLPC-AU] [Testing] Testing summary, Auckland - 17 March 2012

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 22 03:11:22 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 16:13 -0400, Paul Fox wrote:
> tabitha wrote:
>  > Testing Summary, Auckland - 17 March 2012
>  > Who: Fabiana, John, Oliver, Rachel, Tom
>  >
>  > Tested build 30 customized on XO-1.75 and build 206 11.3.1-au on XO 1.5.
>  >
>  > XO-1.5 Summary (details below):
>  > Power saving blanks the screen while recording a video
>  > build 206 11.3.1-au on XO 1.5:
>  > Rosella:
>  > Record activity - works fine for photo and video. high and low res.
>  > even long ones. But quite quickly the screen goes black - it is not
>  > going to sleep - there is no flashing of the power light and it
>  > continues recording. On Ivy it takes 1 minute to go black. Tabitha
>
> jerry vonau tells me that the powerd version in this release is
> based on my powerd-44.  i cannot reproduce this problem with our
> os31 running with either powerd 44 or 46.
>
> i don't know where to find the au modified packages, so i can't
> test the specific version that was being run above.

Hi Paul,

I was tracking down why my XO-1.5's would never dim/blank in the normal
course of operation with version 46. I chose to modify version 44 as I
was working with that as a baseline for some modifications. Well I
turned my attention to version 46 and I think I found the issue I was
having. In r1.patch I added some tracing to laptop_busy to get some idea
what was occurring, it looked like cpu_or_network_busy was keeping the
laptop from suspending, so I added r2.patch to capture more data. The
tracing uncovered on a XO-1.5 that check_network_activity would always
return 0 thus preventing the next step in the cycle from occurring. I
corrected the issue for me with r3-patch. What are your thoughts?

Jerry