[OLPC-AU] [Testing] Testing Summary: 18 February 2012 - Auckland, New Zealand

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Sun Feb 19 22:49:29 EST 2012

On 18 February 2012 19:59, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:
> Music Painter (Rosella) does not play music. It’s not clear if it is
> attempting to play but no sound is coming out, or if it isn’t even trying to
> play when you press the play button. Sound recording and playback works in
> record, so it’s not the hardware. Every time you start Music Painter it
> seems to start a csound process consuming 100% cpu.

Confirmed. Maybe Barry (CCed) can shed some light on this?

> Rosella - The Sentelec FSP touch pad is not that great but not terrible --
> the pointer tends to jump to the top of the screen but removing and
> replacing the finger returns things to normal. olpc-fsp-fwread is broken -
> it appears to have dos line endings, this is fixed with dos2unix. It is not
> clear which config was loaded -- the 5F tools appear to be loaded and verify
> did not return anything.

Jerry is taking care of this one.

> Rosella - Restart from the activity ring sometimes does not do anything.
> Shutdown sometimes causes a restart instead of a shutdown.

I can't seem to replicate, but we'll keep testing.

> Rosella - Terminal and new tabs within a running terminal always start with
> a comically large font.

Confirmed. Maybe this related to the UI font change we had previously,
and since reverted?

http://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/1034

Thanks again for testing.

Sridhar