[OLPC-AU] OLPC testing summary Auckland 18 August 2012

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 08:29:56 EDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-08-18 at 07:35 -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org> wrote:
>> > OLPC testing summary Auckland 18 August 2012
>> > Who: Fabiana, John, Tabitha, Tom
>> >
>> > Today we tested XO-1s build 860 Sugar 0.84.31 with a bunch of customizations
>> > for NZ teacher training and XO-1.5s on 12.1.0 build 20.
>> >
>> > Tux, XO-1, build 860 + customisations:
> < snip >
>> > Measure: starts ok - there is a single channel active, but refresh is such
>> > that one sees two overlapping waves - this could be confusing. Gain and time
>> > controls appear to work ok. V(t) and FFT seem to be ok. Capture every 30 sec
>> > seems ok - trigger does not seem to work. Tab that displays the trace is
>> > named ‘sound’ - which is kind of true when it is capturing from a
>> > microphone, but it is really voltage and distinguishing this might be
>> > important if one is to bring a signal in from a different source through the
>> > microphone input.
>>
>> Hmm. Could you please tell me what version of Measure is running on build 860?
>>
>> thanks.
>>
>> -walter
>>

> That should be version 31, based on:
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1/10.1.3

Ouch. I am up to version 42. Not sure it makes sense to try to debug
such an old version. Thx.

Tom: Any chance you guys could drop the latest Measure bits [1] onto
an 860 machine to see if some of these issues are resolved?

-walter

[1] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/downloads/latest/4197/addon-4197-latest.xo?src=addondetail

--
Walter Bender