[OLPC-AU] [OLPC New Zealand] Testing Summary, Auckland - 21 April 2012

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Apr 24 11:32:28 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:
> Testing Summary, Auckland - 21 April 2012
> Who: Elaine, John, Oliver, Tabitha, Tom
>
> 12.1.0 os7 on XO-1.75
> Sundance (C1 model) had the wifi driver crash shortly after or maybe
> during boot. Symptoms was no eth0 in ifconfig. This doesn’t appear to
> be exactly the same as http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11778 fixed in os8
> but perhaps it has the same root cause and is fixed too? We only saw
> this problem on Sundance, we didn't see any wifi disturbances in our
> other XO-1.75s (which are C2 models). There is more of this dmesg
> trace if anyone is interested.

The issue in your trace should be fixed in build 8.

> Browse is still very unstable. Logging in to google docs causes it to
> crash on the first document list screen after login.
> http://blog.makezine.com causes it to crash. Last time I tried
> slashdot also caused it to crash, but this time it didn’t, so I guess
> the problem does depend on exactly what the website is showing. In
> every case where browse crashed, it still appeared as the active
> activity in the center of the home screen even though it had
> disappeared.

Thanks, I'll paste your findings on http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3497

At your next session it would be useful if you could test 12.1.0 on
XO-1.5 and see if you see the same crashes there.
So far we think they are limited to XO-1.75, your confirmation is welcome.

Thanks
Daniel