[OLPC-AU] XO still bootable with incomplete fs-update

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 11:36:15 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> We found that erase commands sent to certain microSD cards would fail.
> We removed the erase commands from the start of fs-update.  This would
> have worked against you.

Ouch! I hadn't realized we had removed the commands entirely.

> You might modify zhashfs further to write an empty zero block first,
> then write the remaining blocks, then write the real zero block.

Yeah, I think we should do that. The "incomplete fs-update run won't
boot" is a valuable sanity feature.

Sridhar - the changes (and the fix James proposes) apply to the
internal organization of the .zd files. So the fix willbe in the OOB
toolchain.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions