[OLPC-AU] OLPC at LCA 2012? Invitation to Participate :)

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Mon Nov 28 16:44:35 EST 2011

On 29 November 2011 08:41, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:
> On 29 November 2011 10:38, <forster at ozonline.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> There are no OLPC schools in Victoria as far as I know. They are all a
>> long way north. Sridhar is in a better position than me to comment.
>>
> When I ran a miniconf for the Wellington LCA I read there was some
> sponsorship available so it may be possible to get a teacher/student there
> with some support. Worth asking anyway if there is someone / some people
> suitable.

We don't have any schools within easy reach of Ballarat:
http://laptop.org.au/vision/progress

We have tried transporting kids and teachers to events, but it usually
is very expensive (and with children, complicated).

It's not a bad idea, but I think there'd be more value in doing this
with an education-oriented conference rather than LCA.

Sridhar