[OLPC-AU] XO-1.75 relative performance

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Wed Nov 2 00:58:42 EDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 12:49 AM,  <forster at ozonline.com.au> wrote:
> For what its worth, the XO-1.75 is currently about half the speed of the XO1.5
>
> Measured with Turtle Art
>
> repeat 5000
>  fwd 100
>  back 100
> print time
>
> but as said, its early days for the 1.75 with optimization to come

Yeah, this is almost certainly due to the terrible graphics driver
performance which jon nettleton is working to fix.

A pure-CPU benchmark (maybe something in Pippy?) would be a little
more reliable.  But anything involving floating point will suck,
because we're not using the hardware floating point support yet.  So
much software to tune...
 --scott

--
      ( http://cscott.net )