[OLPC-AU] [IAEP] copy files to/from server

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue May 17 12:34:09 EDT 2011

Hi Sridhar,

I don't fully understand your scenario.

You say an XS is not an option... but I thought you were using XS,
with Jerry's help?  If you are using XS, you can use Moodle.

If there is no XS, then any webbased tool that offers a file upload
form to post a file to share will work. You can install Moodle (even
on Windows servers ;-) ), or Mahara, or WordPad or anything you like.
In a pure-MS world, it will probably work with Sharepoint if it has a
usable web frontend.

Unfortuntely, there's no easy way to do it with CIFS or NFS -- it
would be an interesting addition to Sugar (possibly to the Journal)
but it's a big project.

hth,