[OLPC-AU] [Sugar-devel] Search in Favourites View is disabled

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue May 17 08:13:19 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:01:36PM +0200, Bastien wrote:
> James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> writes:
>
> > On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 02:57:47PM +0200, Bastien wrote:
> >> - such an accidental blank screen could display a warning about ongoing
> >>   search bringing no result;
> >
> > Yes, and that's what the Journal now does.  The list view does not.
>
> It would be useful both in the list view and in the Home circle view --
> if the search field is to become usable one day (which I hope).

Of course.

> Btw, I think this search field in Home view would be particularily
> useful when children use a classical desktop view (with icons spread
> everywhere on the screen).

It is less needed when the activity icons stay in the same order in the
home view.  The colour change after use also makes it easy to identify
activities that have been used.

> My proposal is to distinguish "sticky activities" from "favorite
> activities": the former are the one deployments and teachers want
> always in the Home view, the latter are the ones the children want
> for some reason, for some time.

Sounds interesting, but I really don't know if it would be interesting
to the design team.  If there's now two reasons for an activity to be
present, this makes it more complex for the learner.

I don't have a strong opinion either way.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/