[OLPC-AU] [Sugar-devel] Search in Favourites View is disabled

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon May 16 18:33:43 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 02:57:47PM +0200, Bastien wrote:
> - such an accidental blank screen could display a warning about ongoing
>   search bringing no result;

Yes, and that's what the Journal now does.  The list view does not.

> - combine two notions: "sticky icons" (always in the home circle view)
>   and "favorites".  For now, favorites are used as sticky icons... not
>   really as favorites.

I do find it odd that to reach non-favourite activities the learner
needs to use the list view button or the Ctrl+2 accelerator for the list
view ... but on the other hand, I can see the use-case in teaching
context; start the year with few favourites, and include the favouring
as part of the lesson plan.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/