[OLPC-AU] Announcement: XO-AU USB 2-rc1

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 21 20:27:12 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 10:07 +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 01:06:11AM +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> > To use, insert the stick into an XO and turn on. If required, the
> > firmware will be upgraded and our deployment keys installed.
>
> What's the process for the New Zealand team to remove your deployment
> keys afterward?  (So that their laptops are restored to default factory
> configuration in order to be valid test subjects for Sugar and OLPC
> builds.)

You can remove the keys by hand at the OK prompt:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware_Security#Adding_Deployment_Keys_to_Manufacturing_Data

To avoid that hassle altogether, after extracting the files from the zip
file, delete the six key files in the root (*.pub) and /boot/bootfw.zip
before testing.

Jerry