[OLPC-AU] Announcement: XO-AU USB 2-rc1

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Mon Mar 21 10:06:11 EDT 2011

Release Candidate 1 of version 2 of the XO-AU USB is available on our
download server. Please grab it from our mirror:

  http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/olpc-au/XO/USB/

The files you should look for are:

 * xo-au-usb-2-rc1.zip - for XO-1.5s
 * xo-au-usb-2-xo1-rc1.zip - for XO-1s

Instructions on how to create the USB stick are in the
instructions.zip file. Basically, it's just a case of extracting the
relevant zip bundle and copying the contents of the directory to the
USB stick.

To use, insert the stick into an XO and turn on. If required, the
firmware will be upgraded and our deployment keys installed. That
process may require up to three automatic reboots. When it is done,
you will get a boot menu.

The process here will most likely be what is in the final release.

The included XO-AU OS build is near-final, created only a few days
ago. The release notes for it are under construction at
http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xo-au/wiki/1013-au2_release_notes

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Manager
One Laptop per Child Australia