[OLPC-AU] Calculating total power draw of XO

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 17 00:59:43 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 03:50:30PM +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> What I can tell you is that our individual power adapters have the
> following characteristics:
>
>   * input 100-240V AC 50/60Hz
>   * output 12V DC 2500mA

These are maxima and minima specifications, and only give you a limit
for how much power can be drawn.

Why don't you pop down to Coles or Woolies and get an energy meter; $25
or so unit that plugs into the wall, you plug the appliance into it, and
it tells you how many watt hours are consumed.  Saw one in Coles the
other day.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/