[OLPC-AU] New XO-AU 10.1.3-au2 development builds

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Fri Mar 11 19:41:09 EST 2011

Hi Tabitha,

Release notes are under construction at
http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xo-au/wiki/1013-au2_release_notes

It would be good if you could test out our features listed there, as
those are our own modifications to the OLPC OS. Another thing to test
is USB drive handling. We had a late bug (which we think we've fixed)
that meant that drives took a while to mount:
http://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/423

We have since released new test versions of the builds:

http://download.laptop.org.au/XO/F11/10.1.3/XO-1.5/au2-rc5/
http://download.laptop.org.au/XO/F11/10.1.3/XO-1/au2-rc2/

The XO-1 build is the same and the XO-1.5 build, but for space reasons
we have removed printing support (cups packages), the Wikipedia
activity, the Tuxpaint activity and the Getting Started with Turtle
Art content bundle.

You might also want to try out our XO-AU USB:
http://download.laptop.org.au/XO/USB/

It's designed to be very easy to use - just extract the zip to a USB
drive. Read the instructions.pdf file in there for detail. The build
in there is a couple of weeks old, but you can substitute in the
latest build by renaming the files to fs.zd and fs.zip.

Thanks,
Sridhar