[OLPC-AU] XO-1.1 differences

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 23:15:09 EST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Sridhar Dhanapalan
<sridhar at laptop.org.au> wrote:
> A year ago, we deployed about 200 XO-1.1 machines in a community. I'm
> not sure if that version number is official, but it's what we call
> XO-1s with XO-1.5 style capacitive trackpads.
>
> I am going to that community in a couple of weeks to upgrade them to
> the latest OS build. I only have the standard XO-1s available to me
> for testing. Is there anything peculiar that I need to know about the
> XO-1.1s that will affect development and testing?

I would not say that is an official XO-1.1, but I have replaced my
XO1's base with one from my alpha board XO 1.5.  I think the end
result is basically what you are describing.  The hardware designers
would probably know if the hardware is an exact match.

If you let me know which build you plan on installing, I can test for you.

Jon