[OLPC-AU] Determining developer lock status

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Wed Mar 9 23:06:10 EST 2011

On 10 March 2011 14:49, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 09 2011, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
>> What's the simplest way for a novice to tell if their XO is developer locked?
>
> Push escape while the startup sound is playing.  If you get an ok prompt,
> your XO is not developer locked.  If you don't, it is.

We find this to be a bit hit-and-miss - sometimes the prompt shows and
sometimes it doesn't. I normally turn on the XO while either holding
down the Esc key or tapping it repeatedly. Is there something more
reliable? I am trying to get a remote (non-technical) teacher to do
this, so it needs to be easy.

I forgot to mention another thing - this is for XO-1.1s (XO-1s with an
XO-1.5 style trackpad).