[OLPC-AU] XO-AU project split into four

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Tue Mar 1 04:34:53 EST 2011

The XO-AU project has been progressing well. What started as a variant
of the OLPC OS with some small customisations has grown into a great
operating system for Australian schools.

Our next release will have four parts.

The XO-AU OS is our operating system for XOs. Development is focused
on XO-1.5s. We are nearing completion of version 10.1.3-au2:
http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xo-au/versions/22

Hot on its heels will be a version for XO-1s 10.1.3-au2-xo1 will be
our first XO-1 release. This version is being managed at
http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xo-au/versions/30

New on the scene is the XO-AU USB. This is a single-file ZIP bundle,
intended for easy deployment of the XO-AU OS, firmware and our
deployment keys. The development XO-1.5 version lives at
http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xo-au-usb/versions/27

You can try a test version for yourself at http://download.laptop.org.au/XO/USB/

The XO-1 version of the XO-AU USB will include the XO-1 version of the
XO-AU OS. Version 2 is being developed at
http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xo-au-usb/versions/31

Regards,
Sridhar

Sridhar Dhanapalan