[OLPC-AU] [OLPC New Zealand] Testing summary: Saturday 25 June 2011 - Auckland, NZ

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat Jun 25 10:03:33 EDT 2011

Thanks a lot for the great feedback as usual!

On 25 June 2011 11:04, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:
> Speak 25 - when first starting there is a polite "please type
> something", lovely. Robot cannot answer basic questions. Can change
> pitch and rate. Can change eyes and mouth. Note that the Speak in the
> Australian build does have a working robot.

What exactly is the issue with Robot? What question are you asking and
what is the response?

> Clock - is the "nice" clock numberless to help kids learn to read the
> time without the numbers? Digital clock has a cute colour coded display
> that appears to show time as percentage of a bar. Display time in full
> letters does not fit on the screen so at "12:27:30AM" all you can read
> is "twenty-seven minutes past m" because it aligns too far to the right.
> Display weekday and date moves the writing to the centre which means you
> can read it all :-) and the colour display for hours, minutes and
> seconds seems to carry through, but the red colour is used again for day
> and date which might be better in another colour. Talking clock is a bit
> odd when it says "twenty nine minutes past midnight am"; it would make
> more sense if it said "twenty nine minutes past twelve am", but then
> "twenty nine minutes to one am" does work. Overall this is a nice
> activity (I had a digital watch given to me by my parents when I was six
> and had to learn to read analogue clock at teachers college which was a
> bit embarrassing).

CCing Gary about this - Gary, please file tickets as appropriate.

Thanks, filed as http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2933

> Calculator - inverse of a number is misleadingly shown as, for example,
> 4.5-1, in the results pane, where "-1" is not a superscript.

Reproduced. Added a comment to http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2397

Thanks!
Daniel