[OLPC-AU] XS Mini - Ionics Plug (Hardware)

Mitchell Seaton meaton.2v at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 07:22:51 EDT 2011

Hi Sridhar/Jerry,

Thought this might be of interests as a potential hardware for XS Mini
application. Some of the specs are on this address:
http://www.ionicsplug.com/nimbus.html is being manufactured in the
Philippines (my eKindling colleague mentioned it too me), it would be really
suitable here for XS usage in some of our project (pilot) schools here in
the Philippines. Seeing that the current version is running on Debian OS it
may be suitable to likely run Fedora 11 or higher on this device, and thus
XS Mini. The main issue of course would be storage into 512MB NAND. So
similiar to the old XS-on-XO.

Please let me know your thoughts, and if it is of good interest as a target
device then maybe we could make one available for testing?

Cheers,

Mitchell Seaton
eKindling Technology Support
www.ekindling.org