[OLPC-AU] 10.1.3 updates

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jun 1 23:44:40 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 12:57:45PM +1000, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> It looks like updates to 10.1.3 are going up at
> http://xs-dev.laptop.org/~dsd/repos/f11/

These have been happening since 10.1.3 release, it's nothing new.

> Is a new F11 release in the works?

Not to my knowledge.

> Should we be considering including these RPMs in our own 10.1.3-based
> releases?

No, since they are receiving no coordinated public testing.  You might
look at what has changed in the packages to determine if you need those
fixes, and based on your risk assessment choose whether to include them
or not.

The Fedora 14 packages are receiving a large amount of testing.  My
advice is to track the Fedora 14 effort instead, it may cost you less in
testing.

If there are defects that prevent your adoption of the Fedora 14 effort,
and you haven't logged them as bugs, then you will be left behind on
10.1.3.  That would be suboptimal, because you would not leverage the
community effort available.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/