[OLPC-AU] Reassembled XOs fail heat spreader test

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Fri Jul 22 21:55:35 EDT 2011

All of the XOs I've seen have three screws on their heat spreaders.
I've attached an annotated image. Hopefully the lists don't strip it
out.

There is an unanchored screw point in the bottom-left. However, the
danger area is at the top, particularly in the top-left. This affects
contact between the heat spreader and the Companion Chip, and might
also be affecting contact with the CPU. Do the four-screw versions of
the heat spreader address this problem?

Thanks,
Sridhar