[OLPC-AU] [Testing] Testing summary - Auckland New Zealand, 16 January 2010

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jan 25 23:50:39 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 05:33:55PM +1300, tom at carrott.org wrote:
> Ivy is unique in our environment. It's our only "production" XO-1.5
> and as such, is the only XO-1.5 with power saving turned on. Perhaps
> the wake-up lag is enough to disrupt collaboration?

Yes.

1.  when the laptop is manually woken, it takes too long for the
wireless connection to be restored, during which time any network
membership change is lost, http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9854

2.  in the time during which this happens, the laptop will idle again if
not kept awake, so that in the absence of human input it will never
succeed in showing updated network membership,

3.  the laptop is not kept awake to listen for possible changes to the
network membership, we choose to suspend instead.

See also:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/10.1.3#Restoring_wireless_connection_takes_too_long

--
James Cameron