[OLPC-AU] [Sugar-devel] Software Update and HTTP proxies

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2011-1 at silbe.org
Thu Jan 20 05:36:09 EST 2011

Excerpts from James Cameron's message of Wed Jan 19 22:51:50 +0100 2011:

> > Can it pick up the same proxy setting as Browse?
>
> Browse does not use the http_proxy environment variable, so I guess not.

Browse uses whatever xulrunner uses by default. If GConf is unavailable,
$http_proxy ($*_proxy even) is used [1]. On most systems, however, it
uses the same settings as Gnome [2,3] without falling back to
$http_proxy.

Sascha

[1] see toolkit/system/unixproxy/nsUnixSystemProxySettings.cpp in the xulrunner sources
[2] http://people.gnome.org/~bmsmith/gconf-docs/C/gnome-vfs.html
[3] http://wazem.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-to-change-gnome-proxy-settings-on.html
--
http://sascha.silbe.org/