[OLPC-AU] XO-AU build 10.1.2-au3 released

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Thu Jan 6 00:57:02 EST 2011

Thanks for your feedback, Ian!

On 6 January 2011 15:12, IanCunningham <ian.cunningham at nt.gov.au> wrote:
> Here's some preliminary au852-3 feedback
>
> Firefox 3.5.9 installed Firefox 3.6.13 now available

We are sticking as much as possible with what OLPC are providing in
their releases. In turn, their releases are based on Fedora 11 and the
packages available therein.

> The three ad-hoc networks which were visible in 356 OLPC-AU are no
> longer visible in the latest au852-3 Neighborhood.

This feature was added in XO OS 10.1.3, which is what au356 is based
on. au852 is based on 10.1.2.

XO OS 10.1.3 is still in development and should not yet be considered
as 'stable' (although it's getting quite close).

We have ordered more XOs, and need to get them an OS image in the next
week. 10.1.3 isn't ready, so we'll have to use 10.1.2-au4.

> Turtle Blocks - should it be replaced by Turtle Art od mini Turtle
> Art? I recall there was a problem last year using Turtle Blocks.

Do you have any more information on this?

> Get Books Activity doesn't work with proxy server

I've made a bug report in our system: https://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/271

The activity itself needs to be fixed.

> Jukebox  requires content files

There needs to be compatible files in the journal for this to work.

This is being worked on: https://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/244

This looks to be reported: https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1078

> TamTamjam - I don't know how to get sound.

Interesting. I was able to replicate once. I noticed that there was a
dead tamtamjam instance open, which may have been tying up the sound
for the other one. I restarted Sugar and loaded tamtamjam again, and
the sound was working.

> Restore - "No bundle selected. Please close this activity and choose a
> bundle to restore from the journal"
>           (Bundle can't be selected from journal, if journal is
> empty. The bundle is backed up on the USB stick) Noted that this bug
> has been reported to Sugar Labs.

Yes, it was reported by me :)
https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2407

> Other tested and recommended activities:
> Open Video Chat 1

We have a test case open for this: https://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/127

So far I have received no feedback, so please add your findings. We
need to be sure that it works well before we can consider it for
inclusion in our builds.

> Turtle Art mini 88

I think we should have either the full or the mini version, but I'm
not sure which. Right now we have the full version, which is what OLPC
provide in their builds.

> Shared activities remain in Neighborhood view after the activity has
> been closed. (ctrl alt erase removes them)

I think later versions of Sugar are more reliable here. We're using
the OLPC provided 0.84.

> Moving between Home view and Neighborhood view does not refresh the
> view of connected XOs.

The Neighbourhood View updates are independent of when you switch to
it. See this thread for more info:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2010-October/030190.html

Cheers,
Sridhar