[OLPC-AU] XO-AU USB: making it easier to flash XOs

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Sun Feb 27 23:01:10 EST 2011

On 28 February 2011 14:52,  <forster at ozonline.com.au> wrote:
>> Automatically, the XOs will receive updated firmware and OLPC
>> Australia's deployment keys.
>
> Just checking:
> I presume it only updates the firmware if its a more recent version?

Generally, yes. In some cases for safety reasons, it forcibly
downgrades the firmware before injecting the deployment keys and
upgrading again. That's all automatic and you needn't be bothered by
that.

The XO may reboot up to three times while it goes through this process.

> The deployment key means that you can install australian builds as signed, previously they could only be installed as unsigned, it has no effect on other builds?

Yes. It doesn't developer lock the XO, it just installs the keys so
that we can install builds in a secure way (either via four-button or
nb-secure).

Sridhar