[OLPC-AU] Sending a file from one XO to another

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Wed Feb 23 04:56:04 EST 2011

> Frame autohide will make a return in our next release.

If it helps, there are quite a number of us in NZ who go throwing the cursor
into the edge waiting for the frame and then realising we have to manually
go to the frame key on the keyboard.

The frame keyboard key might not be found if a user does not know about the
frame or its purpose (forget training as a solution to that, if computers
are new then they can't remember everything in the training) and if the user
is a mouse/touchpad happy person then they won't like the delay in lifting
their hand and moving their fingers over to the frame key.

We consider the frame one of the most important Sugar features as it is the
only way for the user to know how many activities they are running (out of
memory ergonomics are very poor with too many activities running) and we
find the frame an easy way to "stop" activities.

If you can set the time delay it would be good to have it set so not too
quick to appear if that is possible. Users new to using a touchpad do
struggle to control the cursor so they accidentally end up in the corner
quite often while they are learning to control their finger more finely.

Tom thinks there might be a bit deja vu going on here as he thinks the early
Dextrose builds had no frame via cursor and then after a mailing list
discussion it was brought back.

Tabitha