[OLPC-AU] Sending a file from one XO to another

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Feb 22 09:36:59 EST 2011

DISCLAIMER:  I'm just an individual user, not a developer

> I question the wisdom of olpcau disabling mouse frame activation,
> the confirmation menu would have been more discoverable if you
> had been in the habit of using the frame.

When working with items (e.g., scrollbar) at the edge of the screen, it
is too easy for me to hit a corner and activate the frame when I don't
need it.  Also, I'm a heavy user of Terminal - and when I need to move
the cursor to the command line, I often overshoot and thereby activate
the frame.  So, to not disturb my purpose when moving the cursor, I've
deliberately made the frame be only keyboard-activated.

I think if someone knows he is going to receive a notification (e.g.,
for an incoming file), he can explicitly call up the frame to check.  I
haven't tried receiving files myself - but unless the notification icon
keeps on pulsing, it might not get discovered if the user is looking
elsewhere when his mouse activates the frame.

mikus