[OLPC-AU] Sending a file from one XO to another

IanCunningham ian.cunningham at nt.gov.au
Mon Feb 21 18:36:30 EST 2011

I am trying to locate where on an XO, a file sent from a friend is
stored.

While in the journal on one XO, I can send to a friend. I see the file
being sent from one and received by the other.
However, I am unable to locate the sent file on the friend's XO.

This is in response to a request from a school.
"Can you tell me how to create a directory on an XO, that can be
shared with the other XO's via the network?

We want to have a directory on a teacher's XO, called writing, and get
the students to save the writing they do on their XO's into that
directory, when they finish."

I am trying to find a simple way for students to send their work to
the teacher.

Cheers

Ian