[OLPC-AU] WLAN failure in 20x XO-1.5s [WAS: Re: NANDblaster failing]

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Mon Feb 14 23:48:24 EST 2011

On 15 February 2011 15:25, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 02:37:21PM +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
>> Possibly related to this, we have at least 20x XO-1.5s that have
>> completely dead WLAN. The OpenFirmware wireless test fails
>> immediately.
>
> In what way does the test fail?
>
> What version of OpenFirmware was used to test with?

Trying with two that I have here, I get the same error:

  SHDCI: Error: ISR = 8000 ESR = 1 Command Timeout
  Stopping
  Selftest failed due to abort

The firmware was:

  Q3A50
  A3A36

After upgrading the Q3A50 one to Q3A62, I get slightly different
output from the WLAN test:

  SDHCI: Error: ISR = 8000 ESR = 1 Command Timeout,
  Command reg: 50a Mode reg: 0 Arg reg: 0
  Recent commands (decimal): 0 5
  Stopping
  Selftest failed due to abort

>> The serial numbers are:
>
> Make sure you talk to Martin about this.  devel at lists.laptop.org tends
> to be focused on development discussions rather than deployment support.

Sure, will do.