[OLPC-AU] NANDblaster failing

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Mon Feb 14 22:27:28 EST 2011

On 12 February 2011 01:39, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 2:54 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>> I'm quite familiar with that part of the SDHCI implementation in the
>> firmware.
>
> And practical experience in the field backs James' and Chris' notes
> and recommendations :-)
>
> The wlan card is acting up. Maybe I can add a suggestion to test it
> under OFW as a NANDBlaster receiver, as well as testing it under
> Linux.

It seems to work fine as a NANDblaster receiver. It also passes the
firmware tests . The only thing it can't do is act as a NANDblaster
sender. By that I mean it runs for 30-60 minutes and then starts
spitting out the errors I mentioned in my other message.

I don't see any problems in Linux. Following James' advice, I
associated with an AP and pinged the gateway for a few hours. Over
~7500 pings, I had 1% packet loss and no errors in /ver/log/dmesg.

The serial number for that XO is SHC01400234.